Job: CREW WORKER - WORKOVER RIGS - Williston, ND
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Nabors Industries Ltd.
- 1 Floorhand- North Dakota District - (Job Number: 140001FF)
- 2 Crew Worker - Williston, ND - (Job Number: 140001FD)
- 3 Crew Worker - Belfield, ND - (Job Number: 140001FZ)
- 4 Disposal Site Attendant (Alfred Brown) Keene, ND - (Job Number: 140001E3)
- 5 DOT Stimulation Equipment Operator - Williston, ND - (Job Number: 140001F9)
- 6 DOT Truck Driver Tank in Williston, ND - (Job Number: 140001DN)
- View All Jobs
- CREW WORKER - WORKOVER RIGS - Williston, ND (120000LA)
CREW WORKER - WORKOVER RIGS - Williston, ND-120000LA
The Crew Worker under the direction of the Crew Chief, performs activities and operates hand and power tools to perform maintenance and repairs to oil or gas wells and related equipment, including activities associated with the rig-up and rig-down of the workover rig, pulling levers or turning handles to extend hydraulic or screw-type jacks to support and level the rig, it’s derrick and or other machinery; picking up and/or laying down steel production rods, tubing and casing, disassembling and assembling various types of production equipment, the repair and maintenance of tools; and other tasks necessary to complete the contracted services.
1. Available to work beyond the traditional 8 hour work day; available to work Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays, to meet operational needs. Well services work is generally performed during day-light hours, Monday through Friday, occasionally on Saturday and or Sunday. Certain operations cannot however be completed during a single daylight period and must be continued without interruption, over several consecutive days. Such operations are referred to as “24 hour operations,” and require two or more shifts, crews, to operate the rig. Able to work at heights up to or greater than 50 feet.
2. Dependability is imperative: reporting for work at the prescribed location and time, dressed for deployment to work, is essential. Unauthorized absences will result in discipline up to and including employment termination.
3. Compliance with public laws and company policies is essential. Non-compliance will result in discipline up to and including termination of employment.
4. Operate/use rod wrenches, rod/tubing tongs, rod/tubing elevators, hand tools, powered rig tools and other related equipment.
5. Assist in the rigging up/down of the well service unit as directed, by lifting, positioning, fastening derrick guy-wires; operating hydraulic jacks, pads/boards; pipe or tubing racks, power tools, hand rails, etc.; and installing/removing emergency equipment such as Derrick egress devices, SCBA's, fire extinguishers and H2S monitors.
6. Lift, remove, install and operate wellhead, pumping units matting boards, tubing, rods, casing, rod strippers, polish rods, JU stripper heads and other production equipment as required to perform the contracted services.
7. May be required to drive a company, light or DOT regulated commercial vehicle.
8. Incumbent employee is expected to participate in company provided training in rig operations, Standard Operating Procedures and safe work procedures.
9. All activities are to be performed consistent with the company’s Safe Operating Procedures, to provide the maximum protection for all workers at the work site, the environment and the equipment; and complete the tasks efficiently.
10. Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall Position Definition.
11. Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor.
12. Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
13. This position requires standing, walking, and sitting while working either indoors or outdoors.
14. While performing the job, the Crew Chief will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
15. Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company’s Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
16. Other requirements include mental, physical and manual dexterity, hand/grip strength, depth perception and any other physical attributes that enable the employee to perform the job safely according to all Company, local, State, and Federal regulations and requirements.
17. This position requires the ability to wear personal protective equipment and/or safety equipment including safety glasses, face shields, goggles, ear muffs/plugs, steel toe boots, hard hat, full body harness with applicable fall protection devices, SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus), H2S detectors, slicker or TYVEK suits and gloves.
• Pass the company’s drug screen
• Pass the company’s “Physical Functions Assessment.”
• Motor Vehicle Record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
• Acceptable criminal history.
• Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
• Prior First Aid, CPR, confined space entry, defensive driver training, is an asset.
Prior work in an oilfield services environment or with/around heavy industrial machinery in the manufacturing, fabrication, transportation, construction, railroad, mining, shipyard, or agricultural equipment industries, is an asset
: Workover Rigs
Nabors Industries Ltd. Jobs
- 1Floorhand- North Dakota District - (Job Number: 140001FF)
- 2Crew Worker - Williston, ND - (Job Number: 140001FD)
- 3Crew Worker - Belfield, ND - (Job Number: 140001FZ)
- 4Disposal Site Attendant (Alfred Brown) Keene, ND - (Job Number: 140001E3)
- 5DOT Stimulation Equipment Operator - Williston, ND - (Job Number: 140001F9)