About Guidewire Software, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager- (German speaking) Professional Services EMEA
at About Guidewire Software, Inc.
Project Manager, (German speaking) Professional Services EMEA
Team: Professional Services, EMEA Region: DACH (Germany, Austria and German speaking Switzerland)
As Project Manager you will be working on large implementation projects involving Guidewire core applications, including managing an Agile (IT) team, managing stakeholders, and collaborating with business staff.
- Spend most of your day working with Software related Projects & Implementation of Software.
- Manage the Project Lifecycle of a large scale project from start to completion.
- Lead meetings, coach team to write specs, maintain project documentation, user stories.
- Manage scope, time, budget, goals, scheduling, updates and strategy of projects.
- Communicate project status to management verbally and/or written.
- Utilize software such as Rally, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Assist in planning & execution strategies of application configuration.
- Assist in software development requests.
- Maintain positive implementation experience for customer.
- Manage Guidewire implementation project team in an Agile environment.
- Implementation partner management, tracking of financials and costs, as well as issue/risk management.
- Facilitate meetings, including identification of action items and follow up.
- Manage stakeholders proactively to offset scope creep and maintain integrity of time budgets and schedules.
- Identify, analyze, and prioritize project risk and develop response plans.
- Prepare and maintain project schedules with all critical tasks and related milestones, using approved methodologies and templates.
- Facilitate project governance and escalation process interactions between the business owners, key stakeholders, and leadership team.
- Document project management best practices for the organization.
Customer Success through collaboration on-site. To accomplish that we employ a flexible travel schedule of traveling to the customer on Mondays to return on Thursday which has been called the 3-4-5 in the industry: 3 nights away, 4 days onsite, with the fifth day working from home. We have a Global Mobility team to ensure you have the right support.
- 5+ years of Project/Program Management experience; Must have project experience managing multi-million dollar project(s).
- German language skills
- Demonstrated skill in working with implementation partners, and managing large multi-functional projects including software package implementations and information architecture.
- Strong leadership skills
- Follows Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies to ensure complete, documented deliverables, controls, issue resolution, risk mitigation, etc.
- Very strong communication skills (listening, written and verbal).
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation skills within challenging situations.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly in new situations.
- Ability to function successfully within fast paced, high stress projects.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization in both business and IT areas.
- Experience working with onshore and offshore resources.
- Technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team with effective decision making.
- Comfortable and confident in working with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues to non-technical staff and executive level management.
Nice to have,
- P&C Insurance experience nice to have.
- Vendor management experience is a plus.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Knowledge in insurance business processes related to the Property and Casualty Insurance domain nice to have.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Has agile certifications.
Intermediate to Senior