Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electronics Tech Maintenance III
Job Reference #: 859
Summary/General Description of Responsibilities:
- The incumbent performs diagnostics and repairs on Vicads and Vindicator IDS Systems.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of unique situations and problems encountered and identify and reports safety, environmental and other work requirements for resolution.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Exercises independent judgment in performing repairs on any of a variety of direct digital controllers (DDC) equipment by interpreting manufacturer manuals.
- Utilizes and interprets technical manuals, shop directives, blueprints, sketches, diagrams, and specifications, verbal and written instructions.
- Adheres to proper security practices, foreign object damage procedures and airfield driving regulations, as applicable.
- Responsible for completing daily work order log documenting inspections, maintenance and repair information, to include work performed, materials used and hours worked on each assigned work order.
- Interfaces with customers and responsible for customer feedback, as applicable.
- Complies with applicable federal, state, United States Air Force (USAF) and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) environmental laws and regulations.
- Follows Corporation furnished information directives; Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Policies and Procedures, and contract requirements.
- Complies with health and safety rules and procedures; performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
- Incumbent will at all times wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, & Professional Association), Mandatory:
- Vocational School program graduate in Electronic Controls or HVAC systems.
- Five (5) years’ experience working on technical IDS Systems
- Possesses the ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Current state driver’s license, acceptable driving record and proof of valid insurance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary licenses/IDs/certifications.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology and applicable facility/infrastructure codes and standards.
- Familiarity with facility/infrastructure codes and standards, as applicable.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional & courteous manner in diverse situations.
- Proficiency and knowledge of a variety of hand and power tools.
- Demonstrated working ability read, write, speak and understand English.
- Associates degree (electronics, mechanical, or electrical engineering)
- Understanding of instrumentation and control systems for IDS systems. This includes experience with Honeywell systems
- Ability to use technical manuals, technical bulletins or manufacturer’s specifications while performing maintenance, troubleshooting or corrective repairs to electrical systems, generators and associated.
- Military experience.
- Previous experience working on a military installation.
- Familiarity with military-specific facility/infrastructure codes and standards, as applicable.