Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Associate / Delivery Driver (Class B)
at Airgas, Inc.
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer's place of business. Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
- Provides timely communication back to manager or to the customer's assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or issues experienced by the customer.
- Performs cylinder inspections per operating procedures.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that vehicle manifests, labeling and load are in compliance with regulatory guidelines such as those pertaining to the Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies & ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed & any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift & other warehouse equipment.
- Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
- Stocks, stores, labels, picks/packs and distributes materials and supplies.
- Validates delivery of materials and provides a physical receipt.
- Performs periodic inventory of warehouse materials as directed.
- Organizes and controls site warehouse inventoried items.
- Reviews incoming and outgoing product invoices per Company policy.
- Follows appropriate Company policies and procedures (SOPs) as they relate to distribution, safety, etc.
- Performs general site housekeeping duties as required.
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class B Driver's License.
- Valid USDOT Medical Examiner's Certificate (card).
- Hazmat Endorsement (H or X Endorsement).
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class Bprofessional driving experience within the last four (4) years and a cleandriving record to include no more than one (1) moving violation per the DOT and2 in a personal vehicle per the state DMV within the last three (3) years.
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting adiploma from an accredited driving school or a combination of driving and priorAirgas specific experience.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding and safetysupply industry preferred.
- Minimum of two years of prior experience in awarehouse operation operating forklifts preferred.
- Basic PC knowledge to include familiarity withonboard computers/telematics preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under somepressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and comprehend material datasheets.
- Ability to clearly and effectively speak tocustomers and employees as well as legibly write.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and othermaterial handling equipment.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction,multiplication, and division in various units of measure to include wholenumbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and allrelated rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position'sresponsibilities.
Airgasoffers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long TermDisability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Planwith company match, Tuition Assistance and much more...!
Airgas, anAir Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical andspecialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largestU.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammoniaproducts and process chemicals.
Dedicatedto improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgassafely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its morethan 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, andAirgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the worldleader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offerscustomers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology andinnovations.
What do ourTeam Members have to say about being part of the team?
“Greatplace to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunityto advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun peopleto work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability