Allied Reliability Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Allied Reliability Group
- # of Openings
- Hidden (17630)
- Direct Hire
The purpose of this position is to identify process changes to increase factory throughput and sugar recovery, as well as reduce processing costs. Assures that resulting programs are effective and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
The principal accountabilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Works with Factory and Corporate Engineering to ensure the maintainability of new capital projects and modified installations.
- Establishes and documents maintenance procedures for all new installations.
- Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines the preventive (PM)/predictive (PdM) maintenance process in pursuit of optimization.
- Coordinates with planner to ensure that PM/PdM services and inspections are scheduled and performed when due and that corrective work is promptly performed.
- Coordinates planner, production and maintenance personnel, and plant management during planned maintenance shutdowns to maximize required maintenance work while minimizing process downtime.
- Reduces and improves maintenance work wherever feasible; assuring efficient and reliable operation of plant, process and equipment while protecting and prolonging the economic life of plant assets at optimal cost.
- Routinely contributes to the planning of realistic production capacity based upon analysis of PM time needs and failure history.
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
- Develops a standardized program that influences the selection of materials, equipment and spare parts.
- Four year degree in mechanical, electrical, or related engineering field.
- Completion of ACSC's Engineering Trainee program preferred,
- Five to seven years of experience in maintenance engineering practices.
- Direct training and experience in maintenance engineering practices is desirable.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivation and dedication to effecting positive change from a reactive to proactive maintenance philosophy.