Aurora Medical Park
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Financial Representative
at Aurora Medical Park
- 30-Nov-2018 to 29-Jan-2022 (PST)
- Business Services
- Grand Forks, ND, USA
- Full Time
Center for Psychiatric Care offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package comprehensive of paid vacation, paid holidays, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, long and short term disability, life insurance and a retirement account.
Applicants must hold an Associate's Degree in Business or a related field. One year of billing/collections experience is preferred. Three or more years of experience in billing/collections may be accepted in lieu of degree.
Center for Psychiatric Care, part of the Aurora Medical Services Campus, is currently recruiting for a Patient Financial Representative to join our team. Center for Psychiatric Care is an outpatient psychiatric clinic providing a full spectrum of psychiatric care in the region for more than fifteen years. Work with an outstanding multidisciplinary clinical team to provide psychiatric services to Children, Adolescents, Adults and Geriatric patients.
Duties of this position include:
- Receive incoming calls about open balances and collection attempts
- Follow up with responsible party to achieve collection of outstanding patient payment responsibility via telephone, standard letter, and email
- Ensure that all customer inquiries are dealt with in a prompt, courteous and efficient manner and that all information passed to them is accurate, clear and relevant
- Maintain documentation of all collection steps taken for slow or delinquent accounts
- Notifies or locates patients with delinquent accounts and attempts to secure payment using postal services, telephone, or personal visit
- Notifies Business Services Administrator if patient has not made timely payments
- Negotiate with patients to secure immediate or appropriate payments on outstanding bills for services received at Aurora Medical Park
- Determine when to refer accounts to outside agencies for debt collection
- Report and analyze overdue accounts debts
- Meets with the Business Services Administrator, Controller, and/or Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to discuss write offs of bad accounts with documented approval from the CFO
- Enter data into patient scheduling system
- Records information about financial status of patient and status of collection efforts
- Exhibit persistence, tactfulness, and firmness in communications about patient accounts and bills.
- Keep up with changing regulations and standards in relation to debt collection
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Assist with processes for self payment, hardship collections, charity work with the Business Services Administrator, Controller and/or CFO.