Black Gold Farms
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ag Systems Engineer Intern
at Black Gold Farms
Grand Forks, ND - Headquarters
# of Openings:
Black Gold Farms invites you to grow with us! At Black Gold Farms, we strive to provide our employee’s work with a purpose. We recognize that our operation relies on many skilled and talented individuals doing many things right to successfully grow, harvest, sell and distribute our crops throughout the United States. We work on the farm, in the field, at the office and on the road. We do what we can to be good stewards of the land, good community members and good industry partners.
Here at Black Gold Farms, we work hard to ensure that each person that is a part of our team is offered: an opportunity to grow personally and professionally, rewards that include more than earning a salary, impactful work that matters, a culture that includes being a part of our family and values that extend locally and globally.
Black Gold Farms has been in operation for over 85 years. The company has evolved into a global industry leader in potato production, sales and service. Please join us in serving our customers, sustaining our business and feeding the World.
Black Gold Farms in Grand Forks, ND has an exciting opportunity available for an Ag Engineering Intern focusing on engineering design, project management, and farm support. Responsibilities to include:
- Attend weekly team meetings and provide updates on current projects and timelines
- Project management of various projects. Includes development of scope of work, timelines, and meeting a budget. Effective communication within the service team and other involved teams is required
- Coordinate standardization of equipment and components across the Black Gold organization
- Coordinate & provide support concerning design and operational issues for all potato equipment with outside vendors (e.g.Harriston & Mayo Mfg.)
- Provide support to the Equipment Specialist positions at all Black Gold farm locations as they relate to the Service Team.
- Develop electrical control drawings and implement into production pending review process
- Provide support of John Deere guidance and monitoring systems to farm teams
Ideal candidates will be a sophomore, junior, or senior enrolled in an ABET accredited engineering program. Past agricultural experience, preferably in produce and or potato products is a plus. This person must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to grow relationships. Experience is required in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD or Solidworks. This position could include short term travel to farm locations.
This is a paid internship with a flexible start and end date, occurring at different times throughout the months of April/May through August/September (dependent upon qualified candidates schedules)