Dakota Growers Pasta Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dakota Growers Pasta Co.
Electricians are valuable roles for our organization. As an Electrician at Dakota Growers Pasta Co., you would be responsible for executing the construction, installation, modification, maintenance and repairs of electrical appliances, systems, facilities and related electronic controls of varying design or complexity. Additionally, you would play a key role in completing scheduled preventative maintenance on electrical components and equipment, and troubleshooting electrical challenges on an ad hoc basis.
Dakota Growers Pasta Co. offers full accreditation for the North Dakota licenses (Apprenticeship, Journeyman, and Masters); additionally, DGPC offers pay differentiation based on skills, qualifications, and licensure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to daily production needs and interruptions by providing hands-on electrical support in the areas of: process controls, resolving common power system electrical issues, and equipment downtime root cause analysis
- Completes regular preventive maintenance on all electrical equipment according to established schedules and procedures
- Installs, repairs, and troubleshoots Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and electrical equipment and parts in accordance with established procedures, guidelines, and regulations
- Installs and commissions electrical equipment in accordance with the NEC, North Dakota Electrical Codes, and NFPA 70E
- Provide assistance to other Electrical and Maintenance team members, when required.
- Responsible for responding s to after-hours emergency calls on a rotational basis
- Serve as a mentor to junior electricians and apprentices; share knowledge and coach less-experienced electricians on technical matters
- Other duties, as assigned
Education and Experience Required:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution AND 6 years electrical maintenance experience OR Associates Degree or higher in an electrical, electro-mechanical, mechatronics, instrumentation or controls, AND 3 years electrical maintenance experience
- Must have North Dakota recognized Journeyman Electrician License
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Previous experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (Allen Bradley, Siemens)
- Previous experience with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) and instrumentation
- Previous experience working with 480V systems
Physical Requirements: Qualified candidates must be able to perform the following physical job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, and cold manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work in crowded for 6 hours per shift
- Must be able to climb, squat, and crouch for 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to walk for 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to reach, grasp, push, pull for 8 hours per shift