Dakota Growers Pasta Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dakota Growers Pasta Co.
Position Summary: The Maintenance Mechanic assists with preventive maintenance & repairs for plant facilities and equipment to minimize downtime and works with operations to troubleshoot issues on process systems. Assist with the accomplishment of capital improvements to plant facilities and equipment in a timely manner and without risk of product contamination.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with preventative and predictive maintenance on process systems to include; mill, production, packaging, utility, and other facility equipment
- Partner with operations to troubleshoot issues on process systems to include; mill, production, packaging, utility, and other facility equipment and utilize machine manuals and schematics
- Assists with maintaining utility operations to include; boilers, compressors, vacuum pumps, water supply and HVAC systems
- Document work to include PM checklists, work orders, permits, etc.
- Maintain GMPs, safety and food safety standards
- Other duties, as assigned
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from and accredited institution and one of the following:
- Two-year associates degree or higher in technical field (mechanical, electrical, mechatronics, electro-mechanical, controls and automation, etc.) or equivalent
- Military training and experience in a relevant Military Occupational Specialty (MOS)
- 2 years hands-on experience in a mechanic, maintenance, electrical, electro-mechanical, controls and automation, or related role, or equivalent education
- Must have experience with: basic carpentry, plumbing, welding, metal work, and fabrication
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Previous maintenance experience in a food manufacturing facility
- Previous experience reading blueprints and schematics
- Previous experience with MIG, TIG, and stick welding
- Previous experience with power transmission components; belt drives, chain drives, bearings, motors & gears
- Previous experience with drill presses, lathes, Bridgeport-type mills
- Experience with operation and maintenance of forklifts, scissor lifts, and articulated lifts
Physical Requirements: Qualified candidates must be able to perform the following physical job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Must be able to lift up-to 34 pounds for 6 hours per shift
- Must be able to lift up-to 50 pounds for 3 hours per shift and anything over 50 pounds requires team assistance or mechanical lifting devices
- Must be able to sit, climb and work off ladder, and operate foot pedals for 3 hours per shift
- Must be able to work in a dusty and cold environment for 3 hours per shift
- Must be able to work in confined spaces for 3 hours per shift
- Must be able to work in high heat and humidity for 6 hours per shift
- Must be able to balance, bend, crouch, kneel, stoop, walk, and reach above shoulders for 6 hours per shift
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, push, pull, feel and perform fine manipulation for 6 hours per shift
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to wear a respirator as needed
- Must be able to make fine distinctions by sound
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of spoken or written word
- Must be able to distinguish object or equipment visually