Dakota Growers Pasta Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dakota Growers Pasta Co.
Dakota Grower’s started out as a grower-owned cooperative built by farmers in the early 1990s and today we are the third largest pasta manufacturer in North America. Our entrepreneurial spirit drives our innovative culture and passion to bring premium quality pasta to your table. At Dakota Growers, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, challenging and inspiring environment in one of our state-of-the-art food manufacturing facilities.
The Warehouse Utility position plays a critical role in ensuring our Warehouse is clean and packages are shipped out of the facility and delivered in the facility in a timely manner. General cleaning in this position includes but is not limited to: the warehouse, warehouse office areas, and outside warehouse yard outside.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains Master Sanitation Schedule and other HACCP documentation for designated areas of responsibility
- Performs cleaning duties as specified on warehouse sanitation checklist which includes racks, forklifts, warehouse office areas/bathrooms, and packaging products
- Performs cleaning the exterior grounds of the Warehouse
- Receives packages from delivery drivers and delivers packages to the proper people in the building in a timely manner. Follow standard operating procedures to ship packages accurately, and in a timely manner
- Assist the Warehouse Lead in the daily duties as needed. Participate in department food safety & safety audits
- Operates corrugate baler, trash compactor and electric powered pallet jack
- Other duties, as assigned
Education and Experience Required:
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have experience using basic computer functions
Preferred Education, Experience, And Skills:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Previous cleaning experience
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Previous experience using a scissor lift
Physical Requirements: Qualified candidates must be able to perform the following physical job requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Must be able to work high heat/humid work environment for 3 hours per shift
- Must be able to work in crowded spaces for 3 hours per shift
- Must be able to balance, crouch, kneel and sit for 3 hours per shift
- Must be able to climb on and off ladders for 3 hours per shift
- Must be able to use fine motor skills and feeling for 3 hours per shift
- Must be able to reach, grasp, push and pull for 6 hours per shift
- Must be able to bend and stoop for 6 hours per shift
- Must be able to reach above shoulders for 6 hours per shift
- Must be able to work in a dusty environment for 6 hours per shift
- Must be able to stand and walk for 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to lift up-to 50 pounds for 6 hours per shift and anything over 50# requires team assistance or the use of mechanical lifting devices
- Must be able to lift up-to 100 pounds with team assistance
- Must be able to make fine distinctions in sound
- Must be able to wear a respirator as needed
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of spoken or written word
- Must be able to distinguish between objects or equipment visually
- Must be able to work in confined spaces