|Responsible to safely operate concrete plant to batch materials used in construction. Moves controls on panel board or control board to heat, dry and mix ingredients; to weigh and mix aggregate, cement and water to produce concrete. Ensure conformance to quality specifications.|
|1. High School or GED plus higher trade or technical school or equivalent in related field|
2. Plant maintenance & operation
3. A CDL Class B license with two years truck driving experience. Preference given for experience driving a ready mix truck.
4. Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|1. Perform daily equipment, walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained, conduct toolbox meetings daily/weekly.|
2. Safely and properly operate plant.
3. Identify appropriate material to produce quality concrete material per job specifications.
4. Communicate with quality control personnel and make required adjustments to material blends.
5. Monitor inventory levels of all mix materials (aggregate, oil, cement powder, fly ash, etc.)to ensure no depletion during production demand.
6. Monitor production levels and adjust production as needed.
7. Schedule trucks & start times, communicate with operations supervisor prior to loading trucks.
8. Drives truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job sites as needed and performs all duties necessary for successful delivery to job site.
9. Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with difficult people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous/respectful of others
10. Lead personnel at plant and work with dispatch to schedule drivers. Monitor plant site to ensure safe and efficient traffic flow.
11. Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
12. Proven experience handling multiple projects and priorities while maintaining tight deadlines; highly organized with attention to detail.
13. Accurately complete plant reports and other documentation as needed.
14. Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, safety and environmental regulation compliance. Maintain safe working environment and foster safety culture, ensure good housekeeping skills and lockout/Tagout procedures. When needed, accompany employee to medical facility when injured and manage work comp claim by working closely with medical provider on treatment plan.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.