Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VA/VE Buyer - International Assignment, VIE
Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
New trends and expectations are reshaping the automotive industry. Inspired by the exciting new challenges associated with this revolution, Faurecia anticipates the future of mobility developing cutting-edge solutions for smart life on board and sustainable mobility. If you are willing to contribute and create value for tomorrow's cleaner and smarter mobility, Faurecia is the place to be!
Faurecia's VIE Program?
The VIE Program of Faurecia is an international young graduate program, which enables young graduates native from the European Economic Area (EU Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland) aged between 18 and 28 to work for one of our subsidiary around the world!
Business France, the French agency for international business development, is in charge of all the administrative procedures of your assignment. For further information, please visit the following link: https://www.civiweb.com/ and http://careers.faurecia.com/job-offers
PLEASE NOTE: your application must be submitted in English to be considered by our non-French speaking teams in our plants worldwide.
PLEASE NOTE: as part of your international development, you cannot perform a VIE in the country of your citizenship.
Your position and environment?
Our Faurecia Automotive Seating Business Group – Seat Structure Systems Division is looking for you as a VIE VA/VE (Value Analysis / Value Engineering) Buyer m/f for our site in Pisek, Czech Republic.
The VA/VE Buyer is responsible for improving the supplier performance in production (quality, cost, delivery) for several plants, in line with purchasing strategy.
The main missions of the role are:
- Contribute to the identification and implementation of productivity actions (product / process) for cost reduction, in close coordination with Commodity teams
- Monitor productivity performance for supplier perimeter through cross-functional teamwork in the plants under his/her responsibility (i.e. productivity committees). Present to the plants management board the productivity plan
- Challenge Commodity Buyers to achieve the Purchasing Budget for his/her plants
- For most critical topics, support the Supply Chain team to improve supplier deviation in Misdeliveries Per Million (MPM)
- Be involved in the kick off in program phase to prepare the start of Production. Lead transfers meetings with Program Buyers at the take-over
- Lead negotiation for Engineering Change Requests within his/her perimeter, and product productivity, in close relationship with commodities
The length of the VIE is 12 months.
Who are you?
Minimum Education Level: Master's degree in Engineering or Business.
Nice to have: Specialization in international purchasing
Skills and competencies:
Knowledge of productivity / lean management methodology
Knowledge about different technologies like stamping, plastic injection, cold forming, welding, riveting, packaging etc. is a plus
Ability to work in matrix organization
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Required experience within purchasing
Additionally to English, fluent French is appreciate to follow also this region in light of dedicated suppliers
Ready to take on a new challenge? Apply and join us!