First International Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ag & Commercial Loan Officer
at First International Bank & Trust
Ag & Commercial Loan Officer
|PT/FT/Temporary :||Full Time |
Position Summary: Under the direction of President or Branch Manager and senior lending staff, examines, evaluates and authorizes or recommends approval of customer applications for commercial credit loans by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Primarily processes commercial credit loans
- Interviews applicants and requests specified information for loan applications.
- Requests applicants credit reports, background checks, reference checks and other information pertinent to loan applicants evaluation.
- Calls or writes credit bureau and employer to verify accuracy of information.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application to credit analyst for verification and recommendation.
- Corresponds with or interviews applicants or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Calls specified companies to obtain property abstract, survey and appraisal.
- Ensures all title issues are met and that loan is properly recorded.
- Reviews and analyzes title report or survey to determine issues and any present or potential risk.
- Notifies customer of approval or prepares and mails adverse action forms to applicants.
- Approves loan within specified limits or refers loan to loan committee for approval.
- Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation of loan structure with applicant, including fees, loan repayment options and other credit terms.
- Ensures loan agreements and loan files are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Assures timely loan closing and funding activities.
- Assists customer in completing all required documentation and disclosures.
- Ensures customer understands conditions and terms of account.
- Reviews delinquent account records to determine appropriate action.
- Analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for loans.
- Responds to customer inquiries including payment questions, payoffs and loan values.
- Originates loan correspondence.
- Maintains proper correspondence and legal files.
- Explains, promotes, cross-sells or refers bank, insurance and trust products or services.
- Reviews emails and branch messages to remain current on policy or procedural changes and new product offerings.
- Attends periodic training to receive information about various bank services and participates in an exchange of ideas and problems.
- Assists with various projects and assignments as needed.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Follows policies and procedures; Upholds organizational values; Works with ethics and integrity.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly; Responsible for loss prevention according to this position.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Speaks and writes clearly and informatively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.
- Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Plans for additional resources; Sets and achieves goals and objectives.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed; Benefits organization through outside activities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.