First International Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Market Placement Specialist
at First International Bank & Trust
Commercial Market Placement Specialist
|PT/FT/Temporary :||Full Time |
Our Insurance Department is seeking a self-motivated individual to support our Commercial Lines Insurance Agents in producing new business and renewals, implementing approved marketing strategies to meet agency goals.
Nationally recognized First International Bank & Trust is looking for an energetic, motivated, detail oriented, self-starter with the ability to provide extraordinary customer service and work as a team player. Leave your mark by exceeding customer expectations every day.
Join a culture that encourages innovation, inspires ideas, supports change and doesn’t set boundaries on what success looks like. Recognized five years in a row for being a Top 50 Best Places to Work isn’t just an award placed on the shelf. It speaks to the teams of colleagues who are dedicated to create extraordinary experiences based on the philosophy of living first.
Interested in learning more? Please see below for additional information regarding the Commercial Lines Market Placement Specialist position and submit your online application!
A Day In the Life:
- Works closely with producers and service teams by directing the management of new commercial lines account proposals and by offering marketing solutions for renewal accounts.
- Monitors market trends and carrier appetite guides to ensure the sale and profitability of commercial lines products.
- Coordinates the gathering of renewal information, compiles submissions, conducts pre-underwriting analysis, reviews claims history and loss runs, and prepares an account marketing strategy.
- Submits quote requests and applications to appropriate carriers.
- Serves as the primary communication channel with insurance carrier marketing representatives, underwriters, and brokers to ensure the timely and accurate turnaround of quotes.
- Negotiates coverage and premium, keeping the insured's interests in mind at all times.
- Prepares proposals according to agency standards.
- Gathers data and communicates pertinent information to management, producers, and service teams. Notifies agents of upcoming expiration dates and the status of quotes.
- Ensures that insurance carrier and agency requirements are met, including the completion of all appropriate forms. Provides agents and service teams with carrier applications and supplemental forms when applicable.
- Explains available policy features, conditions and terms of the policies.
- Assists in the growth of agency target markets and the expansion of niche marketing programs.
- Develops and maintains sales support tools including proposal templates and coverage illustrations.
- Operates office machines such as printer/copier/scanner, fax machines including electronic desktop faxing, multi-line telephone systems, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Enters data and supporting documentation into computer for use in maintaining customer records and preparing documents.
- Consistently reviews email and other correspondence to remain current on policy/procedural changes and new product offerings.
- Promotes FIB&T products and services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Highly motivated with good sales and organizational skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of insurance products, services, web sites, and rating systems.
- Understands underwriting processes within multiple insurance companies.
- Maintains an active producer license in good standing from state of residency. Acquires non-residence licenses as necessary.
- Complies with state insurance regulations.
- Keeps informed of current insurance industry trends.
- Proficient with basic computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have an Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must complete ongoing training with regard to FIB&T products and services.