Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
At Flowserve, working on global infrastructure projects is just another day at the office but it takes the brains and imagination of our more than 19,000 employees to get the job done right. If the solution exists, we’ll find it. If it doesn’t, we’ll create it. Experience, leadership and creativity are the tools we use to turn an idea into a solution.
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected statuses
The Plant Controller is responsible for the financial activities of the Guelph site, US entity, Corporate Canada and the Canadian holding companies to effectively budget, record and analyze revenue and expenses to ensure proper accounting in accordance with Canadian and US prescribed Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Protection of the Company's assets and ensuring proper internal controls and segregation of activities is critical to this job. Assisting the General Manager in the daily conduct of business and the Corporate Tax department are essential elements of this role.
- Support the General Manager and functional leadership in site budgeting, forecasting, cost management and control
- Business Partner with other site departments to improve labor productivity and improve plant contribution margin
- Participate in continuous improvement programs (CIP) to improve plant performance
- Timely and accurate monthly and quarterly operational, financial, and management reporting.
- Prepare (ad hoc) financial reports for local and division management
- Ensure that accounting practices comply with corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure account reconciliations are performed according to Flowserve policies and procedures on a timely basis and that reconciling items are promptly investigated and adjusted. Regularly review the reconciliations.
- Report on metrics that assess performance and progress toward achieving plan objectives, programs and projects.
- Provide proactive business and financial analysis, identify important trends and perform detailed variance analysis to assist the operations in achieving its objectives.
- Maintain an adequate system of internal controls to provide reasonable assurance that assets are protected and results are properly reported. Coordinate periodic tests and ensure that there are no material weaknesses or significant deficiencies in controls that would require reporting under the Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
- Participate in the sales and operations (S&OP) planning process to ensure that plans and forecasts reflect the business and that any gaps are identified early and appropriate actions are taken to protect the plan.
- Coordinate inventory & fixed asset control and reporting.
- Maintain an appropriate cost accounting system aligned with the platform methods that costs are appropriate and updated on a timely basis. Ensure that costs used for estimating purposes are appropriate and comprehensive.
- Coordinate invoicing, accounts receivables and accounts payable activities as appropriate.
- Provide appropriate evaluations and analyses for capital expenditure or other investment opportunities and ensure compatibility with business objectives.
- Ensure applicable sales, GST, use and property taxes are appropriately reported, not overstated and are filed on a timely basis.
- Follow treasury policies for credit and collections, cash management, foreign exchange, risk management and other applicable procedures.
- Assist corporate tax department with the finance aspect of tax restructurings re the Canadian holding companies
- Ensure income tax compliance for the Canadian Operation and the Canadian holding companies by preparing consolidated financial statements for the Canadian Operation, getting information from the rest of the Canadian locations, preparing income tax returns and paying income tax installments on a timely manner.
Auto req ID
Job Posting Category
Finance & Accounting
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Primary Posting Location
- Experience with US GAAP would be an asset
- Knowledge and experience with tax returns in Canada would be a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- Professional certification or postgraduate like CMA, CGA, CA, MBA, or CPA is required
- Minimum of 8 years of financial accounting experience in a manufacturing and 3 years of management experience.
- Exposure or experience with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) regulations and compliance
- Experience working with a Publicly Traded Company is required
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and implementing accounting controls, budgeting and forecasting processes, along with solid business skills to compliment technical accounting and finance skills.
- Proven leadership competencies demonstrated through successfully leading teams
- Strong analytical skills Experience with integrated ERP systems (SAP, BPC) and proficient with MS Office, mainly Excel.
- Honest with excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility with working schedule and ability to handle tight deadlines.