Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at INRIX, Inc.
INRIX is seeking a smart, experienced Sales Engineer to provide pre- and post-sales customer and partner support and management for auto sector customers while acting as a liaison across teams within the company. This high-touch position requires the individual to be capable of rapidly shifting gears between roles, including Programme Manager, Solutions Architect, and Technical Account Manager. He/she will be working closely with Engineers and Sales Account Directors, as a local technical support and a representative of INRIX. The Sales Engineer will be responsible for customer related presales activities, write specifications and set up and develop Proof of Concepts. The role reports into the VP of Sales Engineering, based in Munich.
INRIX is one of the fastest growing big data technology companies in the world. The company is collaborating with leading automakers and government agencies worldwide to transform how people and commerce move across the world’s transportation networks. As Big Data and the Internet of Things changes everything from where people go and what they do to how they get from place to place, INRIX is at the forefront of connecting cars to smarter cities. Whether INRIX is partnering with automakers on new breakthroughs in navigation or helping governments engineer smarter transportation networks, our vision is simple – empower drivers, inform planning and enhance commerce.
- Primary focus will be presales activities with all auto OEMs. This includes existing partners, as well as potential future customers.
- Assist during all phases of the customer lifecycle, including pre-sales, on boarding, technical integration and post integration support and sales stages. Key focus will be project delivery, ongoing management and support.
- Own the technical relationship with key automotive sector customer and partner accounts.
- Act as liaison for technical communications between customers and technical functions at INRIX.
- Educate customers on product and technology roadmap, soliciting their feedback and ultimately influence, for future deliveries.
- Presales activities includes presentations, demos at the customer - in conjunction with the account director.
- Once a sale is executed, work closely with customers and senior members and architects of the Product Development team to assist with integration of existing and new INRIX services.
- Further develop existing customers by facilitating collaboration between INRIX and the customer on next generation services.
- Develop close relationships with the Kirkland based development team to get the required ‘know how’ for customer interaction.
- Overnight national and international travel as required.
- Previous experience of working with OEMs and 1st-tier suppliers in Germany is essential.
- Experience supporting large organisational customers, ideally in a Software as a Service (SaaS) environment, or an enterprise software integration.
- Technical background, with a strong understanding of the automotive engineering.
- Ability to analyse complex information, identify problems, implement solutions, adjust priorities, make effective procedural decisions, and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a team player, capable of collaborating in an agile environment while working independently in a satellite office, or directly on site with a major customer.
- Understanding/previous experience within the automotive industry is preferred & knowledge of automotive customers’ standards and requirements.
- Excellent relationship management and presentation skills.
- High level of computer literacy, including using "Windows", "MS Office" and & “MS Project".
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for reports and customer interaction.
- Ability to make contact with, negotiate with and influence key decision makers.
- You will need to be self-motivated, flexible and a strong team-player.
- You must be comfortable working in a global environment and across different time zones.
- Fluency in English and German (spoken and written) is essential.