Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager-HVAC Controls and/or Mechanical
at Johnson Controls.
Under general direction,responsible for the profitable execution of assigned
Connected Technologies-HVAC Controls Projectsand / or Mechanical Projects. Works with Owner and contractor salesmanagers and branch installation manager and teams as needed to provide salessupport activities early in the TAS and development process to provide input onstrategy, vendor / partner's selection, scope enhancements, value engineering,risk assessment etc. as needed. Ensures that assigned projects are doneaccurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of thecontract. Maintains positive cash flow. Actively pursues selling changeorders. Ensures work performed is in compliance with provincial, localand Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest ofethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractorsadhere to all safety standards. Responsible for following consistent andrepeatable project management procedures and processes. Maintains aneffective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results.
- Acts as the primary on-siteleader for execution teams on assigned projects. Develops project schedules andexecutes according to plan for assigned projects.
- Evaluates the contractualscope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and /or scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through changeorders.
- Performs associated costestimates, prepares proposals and negotiates final settlement price andcustomer acceptance.
- Manages costs, billings andcollections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to theclient. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Reviews and interpretscontract Terms and Conditions.
- Analyzes financial reportingsystems and project schedules to proactively address potential problems.Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status tomanagement as required.
- Manages risks andestablishes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes withminimal need for escalation.
- Issues RFPs, negotiates,prepares and issues subcontracts.
- Ensures project documentcontrols are in compliance with contract requirements and JCI standards.
- Oversees projectconstruction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installationtechniques.
- Manages the selection,ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projectsassigned.
- Develops and maintainsviable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractorsand subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required.
- Ensures subcontractorsunderstand expectations of the project.
- Coordinates with the CTInstallation Manager, Branch Installation Managers, Systems Team Leader and /or Branch Mechanical Project Team Leader for allocation of resources needed tomeet project objectives.
- Ensures any engineering andcommissioning performed by the field team is in accordance with establishedstandards. Facilitates escalation of product related problems.
- Assists salesteam in project development efforts.
- Coordinatescustomer-training requirements.
- For ConnectedTechnologies and / or Mechanical projects, may interface with and providedirection to Truck Based team(s) that are assigned to projects under theProject Manager's control.
- For Connected Technologiesand / or Mechanical projects, may Self-perform sales support activities earlyin the audit process to provide input on vendor/partners selection, scopeenhancements, value engineering, risk assessment etc.
What we look for
- Bachelor's or Associates Degree in Construction,Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management orArchitecture or high school diploma with equivalent work related experience.
- Two plus years of direct Project Management experience,ideally in the Building Construction Industry.
- Experience with projects related to HVAC Controlsand/or Mechanical Retrofits is Required.
- Experience with Building Automation Systems management, Fire management, and/or Securitymanagement systems is desired.
- Must have the ability to communicate technicalmaterial to a non-technical audience.
- Proficient in Project Management software andfinancial accounting systems.
- Strong Personal Computer working capabilities inMS Office (excel, word, power point), Visio, AutoCAD.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communicationskills
- Some travel. This willvary on project assignment.
Johnson Controls is a $35 Billion multinationalconglomerate with 120,000 employees in more than 2,000 locations across sixcontinents. We are the industry leader in Building Products &Technologies, Integrated Solutions and Energy Storage. At Johnson Controls, we're shapingthe future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Ourglobal team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities moreconnected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We arepassionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The futurerequires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration acrossboundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Competitivecompensation plan, benefits plan including medical,dental, vision, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid lifeinsurance, 401k with greatcompany match, STD, LTD, extensive paid holidays, ongoing training,tuition reimbursement and more. Being a part of a global company like JohnsonControls affords you exposure to global career pathing opportunities.