Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Lab Technician/MLS - Casual
Casual position working 0-15 hours per two week pay period, depending on department needs. Hours of work are on a rotating day shift during the week. Weekend work is every 4th weekend. Holiday work is every 4th holiday. Weekend and holiday hours are 6:00am - 6:00pm or 7:00am - 7:00pm. Back up for night call for weekend and holidays will be on a rotating scheule.
Performs clinical laboratory testing in the following areas: microbiology, blood banking, serology, chemistry, hematology, coagulation, and urinalysis. Obtains or receives specimens, performs clinical laboratory procedures, preventive maintenance, and quality control. Interprets results as to accuracy, acceptability, and critical limits. Works independently, organizing work to meet established deadlines, records all data obtained, and maintains job competence. Seeks guidance as needed. The position also involves effective communication, computer and interpersonal skills.
- Collects and processes specimens according to laboratory policy.
- Has computer skills to use Lab information system for processing results, running analyzers and reporting out results in microbiology.
- Performs clinical laboratory test procedures. Evaluates results and reports results to proper unit.
- Performs quality control as specified. Analyzes quality control data. Makes decisions regarding accepting/rejecting of patient results based on quality control data.
- Responsible for continually seeking ways to assess and improve quality.
- Operates technical instruments. Responsible for calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting equipment malfunctions.
- Provides appropriate laboratory services and care to the following age groups: infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. This care will be delivered in accordance with established standards of performance.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of job.
- Responsible for maintaining interpersonal skills, initiative, and attitude.
- Adheres to hospital and department policies.
- Adhere to hospital/department exposure control policies and safety policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Job duties are limited to certain areas of the laboratory.
- Works within the Standards of behavior written by JRMC employees
Medical Technologist - Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university. Must be currently registered or eligible for registration as a MT/MLS (4 yr) (ASCP), or equivalent. Medical Lab Technician/CLS- Associates Degree from an accredited 2 year college. Must currently hold or be eligible for ND Licensure to be obtained within introductory period. Advanced knowledge for lesser education and skillset for training and troubleshooting.
Six to twelve months in a hospital training program.