Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Full-time, benefited
This is a full-time position working 72-80 hours every two week pay period. Days of work are Monday through Friday working every 8th weekend. Hours of work are variable may be 7 am - 6:30 pm. Holiday work is one a year. Coverage will include predominantly outpatient with rotations to inpatient and possible coverage of home health. Sign-on bonus available!
To assess for, plan, organize, develop, and implement medically prescribed and appropriate physical therapy programs in the hospital or in the community to restore function and prevent disability following disease, injury or loss of a body part; help patient reach his/her maximum performance and assume a place in society while learning to live within the limits of his/her capabilities.
- Assesses patients of all age groups (infants, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics), develops, plans, and implements therapy program for each patient, involving physical means such as exercise, massage, heat, water, light and electricity as prescribed by physician.
- Applies a variety of diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests.
- Directs and aids patient in active and passive exercises, muscle re education and gait and functional training utilizing pulleys and weights, steps and inclined surfaces.
- Perform whirlpool and contrast baths and applies moist hot packs or cold packs.
- Provide instruction in posture control and therapeutic procedures to be continued by the patient.
- Directs patient in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, canes, crutches and prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Adapts conventional physical therapy techniques to meet the needs of patients unable to comprehend verbal commands or voluntarily carry out a regime of therapeutic exercises.
- Evaluates, records and reports on patient's progress for review by other members of the rehabilitative team.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment.
- Conducts in-services and/or participates in training medical and nursing personnel and other workers in physical therapy techniques and objectives.
- Oversees licensed physical therapy assistants, assists students, and rehab aide to ensure the effectiveness and timeliness of the services provided to the patients.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- May need to provide therapy services for Home Health, nursing home or other facilities contracted through the hospital.
B.S. degree or Certification in Physical Therapy; must have North Dakota license to practice as a physical therapist.
At least one year work experience as a physical therapist is desirable but not required.
Background Check is required for this position.