Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Full-time, benefited
$6,000 sign on bonus available!
Full-time, benefitted position working 72-80 hours per two week pay period. Days of work are Monday - Friday with variable hours. Weekend work will include every 4th weekend on call. Holiday work will include every 4th holiday on call. Night call is 1 night per week.
Assists in the nursing care and preparation of surgical patients of all ages in the Operating Room. Functions as the scrub nurse on the surgical team under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Adheres to the standards of nursing care and the policies and procedures of the hospital, Nursing Department and the Operating Room.
- Prepares tables, instruments, supplies, and implants as required for specific operations. Has knowledge of surgeon's preference and step by step procedure.
- Assists in preparation and draping of the patient and operative area.
- Prepares and passes instruments, sutures, sponges and supplies needed in the operative procedure and maintains a correct count.
- Prepares and maintains the sterile field for the surgical procedure.
- Assists in the delivery, labeling, and preparation of medication on the sterile field under the director of the RN circulator.
- Assists in maintenance and care of surgical specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Assists with table equipment, positioning patients, application of casts and dressings.
- Decontaminates all equipment, instruments, and supplies.
- Assists in transferring patients to and from the OR suite.
- Assists other members of the team with terminal cleanup of room in readiness for the next patient.
- Assists the circulating nurse and nurse anesthetist as assigned or required within the legal limitations.
- Cleans and stocks assigned rooms.
- Will participate in ordering and restocking medications within OR department and hospital guidelines.
- Participates in unit meetings, maintenance of physician preference cards and AM report.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
SPECIFIC FOR SURGICAL TECH FLOAT DUTIES: 8:00 TO 4:30
- Get brief report OR Charge Nurse
- Pull Cases for the next day.
- Remove charge stickers from cases.
- Assist in opening cases as needed.
- Relieve staff for lunches and breaks
- Relieves Scheduler for afternoon break
- Restock cast cart, tourniquet cart, arthroscopy cart, sub sterile room, dirty utility room
- May act as a “second circulator” as long as there is an RN in the room.
- Assist with instrument turn-over as needed.
- Help turn over rooms having cleaning supplies available for room turn-over as soon as pt exits the room
- Transport patients and assist in getting beds from PCU as needed.
- Put clean instruments away.
- Do room counts and supply room requisition.
- Maintains Out For Repair list.
- Acts as a liaison between patient, family and physician and other members of the health care team. (Surgery Center and OR—OR and anesthesia)
- Reports and follows-up on potential risk management and safety issues on a timely basis to Surgical Services Manager
- Seeks assistance from OR Charge Nurse and/or Surgical Services Manager in problem solving
- Promotes an environment in which the patient care team can work cooperatively and productively toward objectives.
- Other duties as assigned
High School graduate or equivalent. Graduate from an accredited surgical technologist program or have had on the job training as a scrub tech and be eligible for the ND Board of Nursing Registry as a UAP. Recertification as a Surgical Tech not required.
Previous work experience in the Operating Room preferred but not required. Time to reach competency on the job here: four to six weeks.