Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Martin Construction
- 26-Feb-2019 to 31-Oct-2019 (CST)
- Dickinson, ND, USA
- Full Time
Martin Construction is looking for a team player to fill its position for a Project Manager/Estimator, the candidate will take responsibility in the bid process and overall completion of the project.
- Prepare, timely, bid and project manage industrial, government, stat, city and private projects.
- Present and attend periodic meetings
- Promptly, properly communicate, and maintain positive relationships with owners, engineers, supervisors, subcontractors, suppliers, etc. as needed in a manner that will build good working relationships resulting in future business.
- Attend bid meetings and walk throughs at various locations to determine scope of work, complexities, accessibilities and required content of estimates.
- Assist in billing on all projects
- Estimate field change orders for assigned projects.
- Prepare estimates and assists in large scale projects
- Ability to self-manage responsibilities.
- Follow company safety program.
- Periodic travel with a 300-mile radius.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates by analyzing plans and specifications and performing quantity take-offs.
- Develop subcontract interest in projects and manage the subcontractor RFP process.
- Assist in preparing detailed critical path job schedules.
- Maintain professionalism when faced with aggressive deadlines.
- Preferred degree in Civil or Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or a similar field of study
- Preferred two (2) years dedicated to heavy highway civil contractor.
- Ability to understand civil grading operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Prefererred experience in bidding software. (i.e. Heavy bid)
- Strong knowledge of estimating strategies, engineering disciplines, and cost control methods.
- Strong Communication skills, written and oral, and good organizational skills.
- Ability to manage occasional heavy workloads and quick turnaround times on estimates.
- Excellent math skills
- Strong team player that takes responsibility in the bidding process.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Health, vision, dental, 401K with a 4% match, PTO)