Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Associate (Full-Time) - Archery Tech
The Sales Associate is responsible to assist customers throughout the retail store. The primary function of the Sales Associate is to provide excellent customer service. This may include greeting customers in the store, cashier responsibilities, answering product related questions, product assembly, general housekeeping, and other duties as assigned by manager. This position will focus in our Archery section to include maintenance & tuning of bows, installation of components on bows (such as a peep site), the knowledge of how to use a bow press, and be able to answer technical questions about any bows we carry.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet customers as they shop in the retail store, assisting with customer service questions.
- Price store merchandise and make price changes as requested by store management.
- Stock and face merchandise on shelves as requested by store management.
- Assist in receiving freight and organize incoming products as directed by store management.
- Responsible for assisting in cycle counts.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and handle appropriately.
- Responsible for accurate cash handling.
- Communicate process of repair and suggestions for ongoing maintenance
- Maintain an orderly and exceptionally clean appearance of personal work space, archery bench, back stock space and surrounding areas
- Capability to draw back a bow of 70 lbs. or more
- Attend occasional training meetings at other Runnings locations.
- Manage the daily workflow and perform Archery services including arrow cutting, fletching, accessory installs, bow set-ups, restringing, and other basic maintenance procedures.
- Service bows including: setting up bows with accessories, tuning bows, repairing bows, and stringing bows.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures related to safety, loss prevention and standard operating procedures, as well as to laws and guidelines of external governing entities, including those of the Federal ATF.
- The Bow Tech will provide superior service in the repair and maintenance of archery bows to meet the service requests of the customer.
- Knowledge of archery in both competitive and hunting fields and of primitive archery equipment; skilled in use of long bows and re-curves, as well as ability to set up, trouble shoot, repair, and adjust modern compound and cross bows