Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Associate - Lawn & Garden (Seasonal)
The Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn & Garden is responsible to assist customers in our seasonal greenhouses. The primary function of the Sales Associate in our Seasonal Lawn & Garden department is to provide excellent customer service. This may include greeting customers in the store/greenhouse, cashier responsibilities, answering product related questions, watering and care of live goods, general housekeeping, and other duties as assigned by manager. This position is seasonal meaning employment typically runs from early spring through mid June depending on weather & growing season. Upon conclusion continued employment opportunities depends on hour availability and store needs.
Temporary Full-Time or Part-Time hours may be available.
- The Sales Associate reports directly to the Store Manager.
- The Sales Associate has no direct supervisory authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet customers as they shop in the retail store/greenhouse, assisting with customer service questions.
- Price merchandise and make price changes as requested by store management.
- Stock and face merchandise on shelves as requested by store management.
- Assist in receiving freight and organize incoming products as directed by store management.
- Responsible for assisting in cycle counts.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and handle appropriately.
- Handle customer transactions utilizing KCX cash register system.
- Responsible for accurate cash handling.
- Responsible for handling customer returns.
- Housekeeping duties
- Other duties as assigned
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Frequent lifting up to 50 pounds
- Long periods of standing
- Frequent bending and twisting
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
- Retail store environment
- Cold and warm conditions
- Irregular work schedule
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS
Computer Calculator Cash register-scanner
Telephone Fax Copy machine
Computer Software and network
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The company recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.