Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Education Director EMEA (m/w/d)
Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Education is a significant market for Steelcase in which we see a lot of growth opportunities and notably in EMEA. We are looking for an experienced senior leader to be a Director for the EMEA Education business.
What you will be doing:
You will lead the education business in EMEA, set the strategy for business growth, lead application design and future product development efforts, and work closely with the education regional sales leaders to grow the education business throughout EMEA.
As the primary leader for Education sales strategies, activities and financial results in EMEA, you will endorse the following main missions:
- Accountability for Education sales growth, market initiatives and product development strategies in EMEA.
- Establish sales targets with each Business Group Leader as well as EMEA market share and EMEA profitability goals.
- Develop strategies and plans to achieve growth goals, through coordinating the efforts from a dedicated team of education salespeople in each market.
- Optimize the deployment of sales, sales support, design, product marketing, brand, channel development and other teams within Steelcase to drive growth.
- Develop annual POV and plan to address specific market needs for products and resources in order to grow the education business in EMEA.
- Collaborate with Regional Sales Leaders, Global General Manager, Global Education teams, and Marketing & Product Development on various initiatives.
- Analyse market information and assess Steelcase and dealer strengths and weaknesses in selling education solutions. You will partner with EMEA Channel and Education global teams to build & implement dealer/distributor growth strategy for education solutions.
Who you are:
- You have knowledge and experience within the education industry, particularly Higher Education.
- Comprehensive knowledge of product design and new product development process.
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of Steelcase’s business/sales philosophy.
- Advanced financial skills.
- Excellent social skills to interact with a variety of people throughout the company and external audiences; coaching & mentoring capabilities.
- Analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and willing to accept responsibility for results.
- Fluent in English, German or French will be a plus.
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we're always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.