SWCA Environmental Consultants
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Natural Resources Field Lead
at SWCA Environmental Consultants
- Requisition Number
- # of Openings
- Natural Resources/Biology/Ecology
- Hire Type
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is looking for a Natural Resources Field Lead to join their Bismarck, ND office. In this role you will lead a field crew in conducting natural resources survey project work, and writing field reports. You should be able to work a full-time schedule during the busy survey season on a temporary basis, to include overtime.
Our Bismarck office offers a unique work environment where the field lead will focus on wetland delineations, terrestrial vegetation, and wildlife surveys.
What you will accomplish
- Conduct natural resource surveys including data collection at the direction of the project management staff.
- Coordinate and supervise one or more field staff. Experience using GPS units, binoculars, and laptop computer is a plus.
- Lead safety briefings to insure safety protocols/procedures at the start of the day and end the day writing up field notes for use in preparing environmental reports.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Planning, Environmental Studies, Environmental Management, Biology, Ecology, or a related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in project work related to natural resources services required; experience with wetland delineation and/or wildlife survey preferred.
- One year of experience in crew supervision preferred.
- Strong understanding of federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to natural resources.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.