Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PUMPER - WATER SOLUTIONS
at TallGrass Energy
Operating across 11 states, Tallgrass is a growth-oriented midstream energy operator with transportation, storage, terminal, water, gathering and processing assets that serve some of the nation’s most prolific crude oil and natural gas basins.
We were named to Colorado’s Top Workplaces list for the past three consecutive years. Tallgrass strives to create an environment where all employees feel they are safe, respected, that their contributions are valued, have equal access to growth and development opportunities. Our Total Rewards Package is comprehensive and competitive - designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families. We offer our employees competitive base pay; an annual discretionary bonus; paid time off for vacation, sick time, holidays, birth or adoption of a child, serious illness, and bereavement; Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; a generous 401K savings plan; company-paid Life insurance, Short and Long term disability insurance; Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts; Employee Assistance Programs; Identity Theft Protection; and Critical Health and Accident insurance.
Pumper’s Primary purpose:
Responsible for maintaining records for daily reports, performing maintenance on pumps and other equipment with minimal or no supervision.
Pumper’s Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure the cost effective and efficient operation of water facilities, pump stations, and pipelines. Start, stop and operate facilities within defined operating parameters
• Support the operations and maintain facilities, pipelines, pumps and equipment.
• Travel to various Salt Water Disposal (SWD) site locations as assigned by Network Operations Center (NOC)
• Cleaning out SWD filter baskets on the pumps and offload locations
• Checking loads to ensure fluid are within regulation for disposal
• Proactively monitoring water levels at site to ensure tanks are within their operating parameters
• Daily inspection of equipment and facility operating functions
• Perform necessary preventive and corrective maintenance
• Monitoring and account for skim oil volumes removed from facility
• Tracking pump pressures
• Coordinate with trucking companies on delivery of salt water
• Monitoring drivers for proper procedures and the use of personal protection equipment
• Identify and report operational concerns.
• Identify report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
• Actively participate in safety programs/initiatives, development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
• Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, Company tariff requirements and governmental activities (PHMSA, EPA, USFS, state agencies, etc.).
• Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
• Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
• Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
• Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
• Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
• Will work non-traditional hours.
• Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
• Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• A minimum of one (1) years related work experience in the oil and gas field.
• A working knowledge of transmission pipeline systems, pump stations, etc.
• Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of oil field materials and waste.
• Experience analyzing, adjusting and making minor repairs on pumps and other associated equipment.
• Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, P&IDs and other diagrams.
Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
• Computer literate – experience with operating software a plus
• Strong mechanical aptitude on related equipment.
• Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
• Good verbal and written communications skills.
• Strong customer focus and attention to detail.
• Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
• Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
• Ability to organize and prioritize daily work.
• Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets; position will be filled depending on qualifications, experience and skill sets of the successful candidate.
All of the physical requirements listed below are those that may be necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Sitting; standing; walking or moving throughout facility; driving; talking; seeing (specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus); hearing; feeling; bending or stooping; squatting or crouching; reaching; kneeling; pushing; pulling; ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Varying working conditions from office settings to working outdoors in inclement weather conditions
• Working with and around industrial hazards.
• Occasional overtime may be required.
• May be required to work an on-call 24/7 shift rotation in order to provide relief of illness, vacation, etc.
• Nights and weekend hours required (shift differential provided).
• The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report for certain positions, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
• Minimum one (1) year salt water disposal operation experience preferred
• Industry specific safety training (Safety, Land,OSHA,etc.)
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.