Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recruiter/Staffing Specialist - Automotive
- Guelph, ON, CAN
- Full Time
We are looking to fill a Regional Recruiter (Staffing Specialist) position whose main focus will be the recruitment of hourly operations personnel. The ideal candidate will be an experienced recruiter who excels at maintaining efficient recruiting operations and executing effective sourcing strategies and has an H.R Generalist background. This position requires travel throughout the region, attention to detail, and a can-do attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities: (To include but not limited to the following)
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of new employees
- Fill all request for hourly personnel in a timely manner and communicate results to the requesting managers
- Conduct pre-employment assessments and screens; conduct reference checks
- Prepare new hire packages
- Create and manage employee files
- Conduct new staff orientations
- Coach and mentor line management on effective recruitment techniques
- Working knowledge of the automotive/manufacturing industry
- Conduct recruiting services supporting containment projects and sorting activities
- Provide HR direction in the development of job descriptions.
- Determine attraction strategies and sources for vacancies in the region, including the creation of social media attraction campaigns
- Coordinate and aid in the onboarding process of new employees
- Provide assistance with mass hiring event strategy, partnership with external agencies and building relationships with community partners.
- Keeps informed of local market trends that could impact organization's competitiveness in regard to attraction and retention of staff.
- Partners with the regional leadership teams to ensure strategic talent movement are occurring.
- Provide employee relations support, including internal dispute resolution, legislation interpretation, policy and procedure interpretation, counseling, and employee communications
- Coach managers in effective employee performance management, alignment and engagement of employees in the delivery of departmental goals, and overall talent management
- Assists in the development of, and maintenance of, positive employee relations programs
- Maintains detailed records and logs of events, investigations, and discussions in an organized manor, in a variety of electronic and paper-based formats.
- Train employees and leaders in regard to employment legislative requirements including human rights, health and safety, employment equity, workplace harassment, diversity, and leadership development subjects.
- Train managers on administration of corrective action to employees. With the assistance of the Human Resources Manager, guide corrective action administered to employees pertaining identified performance concerns.
- Support company Health and Safety Policies.
- Other duties that may be assigned or required of the role.
- Associates Degree, or post-secondary coursework completed in a related field, with 1 year of work experience or 2 years of equivalent work experience. Special consideration will be given to candidates with recruitment experience working in temporary recruitment companies, or professional recruitment firms even if the work experience totals less than two years BS degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field is preferred.
- 1+ years' experience in Full Cycle Recruitment in mid to large sized organizations; preferably the Automotive/Manufacturing Industry.
- Ability to present business cases and/or proposals to corporate human resources.
- Ability to interface with management to resolve issues and to determine viable solutions.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Strong customer-focus with good listening and clear message transmission capabilities.
- Strong communications skills - verbal, written, and presentation
- Willingness to take ownership of issues, make decisions and follow through for results.
- Possess good judgment, knowing when to escalate issues to management
- Computer skills in MS Office and MS Project. Aptitude for continuous self-development
- Willingness to learn new process, techniques, and technologies.
- Self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to accommodate frequent travel within the assigned geographic region and occasional travel outside the assigned region with minimum notice of required travel.
We offer an attractive compensation package. Please specify your salary expectations. Only qualified applicants will be selected. No phone calls please. Serious inquires may apply directly on our site: https://trigogroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Industry: Service Provider - 3rd Party Total Quality Solutions Provider including Inspection/Quality Engineering and Training to Automotive Manufacturers/General Manufacturers
For over 30 years, PIC has remained the leading provider of full-service quality solutions, servicing the automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries throughout the United States, Canada and most recently, Mexico. As the only full-service quality solutions provider of its kind, PIC provides containment, inspection, quality engineering consultants, training, and supplier development services. Not only do our quality solutions help customers meet their immediate needs, but they help to rectify quality issues long term. With our extensive geographic footprint, we are the largest global provider of quality solutions with the ability to respond quickly and effortlessly, when and where our customers need us.
Following a merger with TRIGO Group in November 2015, PIC has expanded its geographic footprint globally and created the largest and most comprehensive breadth of quality solutions available worldwide. Our team of over 8,000 professionals delivers Quality Assurance Services in over 20 countries. For more information, visit www.trigo-group.com.
Trigo Global Quality Solutions is committed to the core values of equal employment opportunity. We are committed to treating people fairly, and with respect and dignity. We offer employment opportunities based upon an individual's qualifications and performance, free from discrimination or harassment because of race, ancestry, place of origin, ethnic origin, color, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, and disability.