Trinity Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Trinity Health System
- Orthotic care may include, but is not limited to, patient evaluation, orthosis design, fabrication, fitting and modification of orthotic devices to treat neuromusculoskeletal disorders or acquired conditions. The Certified Orthotist may also provide prosthetic and/or mastectomy care as allowed by their own certification or under the indirect supervision of other certified staff as allowed by the ABC privileging process.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Licenses and Certifications Required
- Current certification as a Certified Orthotist by the American Board for Certification (ABC).
- Valid driver's license required.
- Educational Requirements
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to meet and retain board certification as a Certified Orthotist.
- Experience Requirements
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to meet board certification as a Certified Orthotist.
- 1 year experience delivering mastectomy or prosthetic care preferred.
- Qualifies to be privleged under ABC guidelines to deliver prosthetic and/or mastectomy care.
- Special Skills or Training Requirements
- Demonstrate ability to effectively fit and deliver custom and non-custom orthotic and prosthetic devices.
- Thorough understanding of medical terminology.
- Effective communication skills for accurate, concise and organized oral and written presentation and reports to patient and staff.
- Ability to instruct clinical and non-clinical personnel and customers on objectives of patient care services.
- Active listening, reading and comprehension skills for analyzing reports, charges and correspondence.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build professional relationships with physician, therapists and other staff.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Effective organizational, time management and planning skills.