Trinity Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Trinity Health System
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7694
- POSITION SUMMARY
- The Supervisor has ultimate responsibility for the activities of the nursing units during the hours they are scheduled to work. All staff members, including RN, LPN, NA, Unit Secretary, Paramedic report to the Shift Supervisor any information pertaining to unit activity such as patient status change, physician problems, variance reports. This position is scheduled 7:00PM-7:30AM Monday through Friday and 7:00PM-7:30AM Saturday, Sunday and holidays. The 7AM-3:00PM on weekdays is covered by Director of Nursing and Nurse Managers. The 3:00PM-7:30PM shift is covered by the Assistant Nurse Managers.
Directly manages, supervises, and evaluates the patient care service assuring quality patient care leading to consumer satisfaction in accordance with Trinity Hospitals mission and Plan and Provision of Patient Care/Services on day, evening, or night shift. Demonstrates a working knowledge of personnel management and communication principles in order to maintain a positive work environment. Manages the departments resources (time, materials, and personnel) within the budgetary guidelines as approved by Trinity Hospitals Board of Directors. Assumes responsibility and accountability for development and evaluation of special projects and programs as delegated.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Licenses and Certifications Required
- Current or temporary RN license in ND or compact RN licensure.
- IV Certified, BLS, TNCC, and ACLS certifications required within orientation period.
- Educational Requirements
- RN program as evidenced by licensure.
- Official diploma or transcript from the school/university from where Degree was received.
- Experience Requirements
- Three years clinical experience. Supervisory experience is desired.
- Special Skills or Training Requirements
- Continual updating of knowledge regarding new developments in your unit.
- Membership in professional organization encouraged for personal growth.