Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fraud Operations Team Manager (New Account Review)
at U.S. Bancorp
Job Reference #: 180032638
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
This dynamic leadership position in Fraud Operations - New Account Review, leads a team of fraud analysts who review and resolve credit card applications and newly established accounts impacted by identity theft.
Directly and through staff, the Team Manager leads and coordinates the operational activities for assigned team. They ensure quality service and effective operations support for all of the assigned internal and external customers. As Team Manager, they accomplish results through the effective management of staff and administration of corporate policies and procedures and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations. They will participate in the review and recommendation of operational systems and procedures affecting assigned units, coordinating system conversions from an operations perspective.
- Oversees a staff responsible for the research and resolution of potential fraud and identity theft situations. Handles or assists in resolving technical and/or complicated transactions and/or operational issues.
- Ensures that assigned operations area is adequately staffed and that all personnel are trained and performing at departmental standards.
- Manages the operations activities for the assigned functional area by planning and scheduling departmental activities and workload and coordinating with Department Manager(s) ensuring that operational schedules are met.
- Reviews and recommends new methods and procedures to make daily operations in assigned area more efficient.
- Participates in the development and enhancement of equipment and/or training procedures or programs which will support products and/or services; may participate in project task forces or user groups to represent the department on training or system needs.
- Interfaces with other departments to resolve customer service issues. Follows up with resolution of problems to ensure timely response and customer service.
- Implements and monitors tracking and performance monitoring mechanisms. Provides reports to keep senior managers informed of operations activities
- Maintains knowledge of all products and services offered in assigned area. Keeps informed of new or changing developments, products, services or ideas which would affect operations.
- Develop, monitor and track business performance against goals for assigned business line. Ensures credit quality, risk, quality control and customer service goals are met.
- Recommends hires, transfers, terminations, salary adjustments, performance standards and reviews. Approves employee time records, work assignments, vacations, sick pay, etc. Implements and executes employee relations policies, training programs and various other human resources programs and policies
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Two to three years of operations experience in the financial services industry
- Minimum one year of supervisory/management experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of operation functions, systems, policies and procedures for the assigned area
- Proven organizational, leadership and project management skills
- Well-developed customer relations skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Basic knowledge of banking operations and human resources